Founder, Author, Family Business Consultant
You can read my full bio, here, but as a member of the More at Stake team, I thought I’d use this opportunity to share some of the biggest lessons I’ve learned (so far), while creating More at Stake from the ground up.
- Core Capital matters. I cannot thank enough all those who have invested Human, Financial, and Enterprise Capital in this project.
- Human Capital drives the project. When you work with a talented, enthusiastic, and creative team, remarkable things happen.
- Enterprise Capital keeps on giving. Five generations of Enterprise Capital—on both sides of my family—keep appearing in this work in ways I never anticipated. We inherit our history, and so much valuable Enterprise Capital comes with it, if we keep our eyes open.
- Our goals stay with us. When I graduated from college, I wanted to be a writer. It took three careers to get here—lawyer, businessperson, consultant—but that just gave me more perspective for plotlines.
- ‘Lights, Camera, Action!’ is not that simple. Who knew producing videos would be so challenging? Kudos to all the on-air folks who make talking on camera look effortless. It isn’t.
Organizational Theory and Technology Advisor
Meredith Thomas collaborates on many of Engaged Ownership’s written and online materials. A recent graduate of Northwestern University’s Learning and Organizational Change program, Meredith provides up-to-date insight on change management and organizational culture literature and consults on various resources for families. When her mother, Amelia, decided to launch MoreAtStake.com, Meredith researched the platforms, plug-ins, and services necessary to take the site from idea to reality.
After graduating from Northwestern in the spring of 2015, Meredith pursued an accelerated Bachelors of Nursing degree at Duke University. She currently works as an Emergency Nurse in Washington, D.C.
Nathaniel Squires is a Collaborative Associate for Engaged Ownership and Renkert Thomas Consulting LLC. He has been an integral part of launching More at Stake, running the Contributing Authors program, producing More at Stake: The Family Business Podcast and the Engaged Ownership audiobook, taking on many of the various projects that a startup requires, and working generally as an assistant to Amelia Renkert-Thomas.
Print and Identity Designer & Illustrator
Jessica Southwick is More at Stake’s Illustrator and Design consultant. She has worked closely with Amelia Renkert-Thomas to build the visual brands for all three branches of her business—Renkert Thomas Consulting LLC; Engaged Ownership LLC; and Engaged Ownership’s online resource center, More at Stake. She is the talent behind the Engaging and Disengaging series illustrations, as well as the Owen and Cannon family trees, (not to mention the extensive suite of iconography, infographics, and design found in the Engaged Ownership Toolkit materials).
Jessica is the owner and creative force behind Jesswick Creative Studio, LLC, which offers a suite of creative solutions—design, writing, illustration, editing, and lettering—to a wide variety of clients. She is a published author and illustrator, an accomplished researcher (fitting, given her boundless curiosity), and has nearly two decades of experience in marketing, design, and copywriting.
She lives in a nifty town in Connecticut with her husband, young son, and an ornery cat.
Strategic Marketing and Business Development Consultant
Aislinn (Ash) is our Marketing and Business Development guru and has worked with us on the strategic direction, planning, communications, and operations of More at Stake. Prior to leaving her corporate job in London and working independently as a consultant, Ash managed the development, launch, and operations of an award-winning international Family Business Consultancy. She loves creating and working with new businesses and has a talent for seeing the big picture. As well as strategic direction, Ash has developed our digital channels—building the More at Stake website and implementing our sales and advertising messaging.
She is currently working remotely from international co-working spaces (currently based in Bali), to widen her exposure to entrepreneurs and start-ups in different locations, develop her skills, and consider new markets.